This job call has been re-posted
The Centre for Community Based Research (CCBR) is an independent, non-profit organization located on the University of Waterloo campus. We have 40 years of experience in community-based research and evaluation. Our mission is to build communities that are responsive and supportive, especially for people with limited access to power and opportunity.
Weare looking for an Administrative Coordinator with a strong history of financial and office administration in a non-profit setting. Working as part of the organization’s Operations Team, the successful candidate will have a broad skill set needed to coordinate a small office, including book-keeping, human resources, hybrid office support, and project management.
This permanent position is 4-days/week, with an anticipated start date of October 28, 2022. Applications are being accepted until October 1, 2022. CCBR is based in Waterloo, Ontario. The successful candidate will have the option to work remotely and/or in office. Proximity to Waterloo will be considered an asset, as in-person meetings are periodically required (a few times per month). Full-time salary range is $45,000-$60,000 (to be pro-rated to 4-days a week). See www.communitybasedresearch.ca for more information about CCBR.
· Post-secondary degree and/or training in a relevant field
· Past office administration experience within a non-profit setting
· Book-keeping experience proficiency (e.g., accounts receivable/payable in QuickBooks, banking, financial reporting, timesheets and payroll).
· Human resources proficiency (e.g., onboarding staff, HR policy, benefits)
· Office support proficiency (e.g., MS Office Suite, remote access support, equipment tracking, managing software platforms)
· Project management proficiency (e.g., meeting scheduling, timesheet summaries, invoicing and monitoring expenses, data management)
· Highly relational while managing multiple tasks with attention to detail
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Centre for Community Based Research is committed to the principles of access and equity. We encourage applicants who reflect the diversity of communities we work and learn from, including racialized, 2SLGTBQ+, Indigenous and newcomer communities, and those living with disabilities. Degrees and credentials outside Canada welcomed. Accommodations available at request.
A pdf of the posting is available for download here: